The Associate position is our entry-level position. However, unlike an analyst position, Associates are given considerable exposure and responsibilities on projects. We expect Associates to integrate rapidly onto a project team and acquire skills and knowledge through on-the-job training. Associates are closely mentored both by a project manager and a designated Mentor and usually start with the firm on one project. Key responsibilities for Associates include:
- Designing analyses using spreadsheets, database tools, statistical analysis and process mapping in order to meet project goals.
- Conducting analyses utilizing assumption testing and sensitivity analysis.
- Gathering research by conducting interviews, searching literature or the Internet and interpreting survey results.
- Summarizing research findings.
- Authoring client presentations and other deliverables.
- Presenting findings to clients and to senior consulting staff.
Most Associates join us with at least one year of working experience though we also hire recently graduated seniors as well as through our Undergraduate Summer Associate Program. Minimum requirements include:
- A Bachelor's degree within a discipline requiring a strong analytical aptitude such as: engineering, finance, or economics.
- Outstanding analytical abilities.
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal.
- One to three years work experience within consulting, supply chain, warehouse and inventory, automotive, or strategic planning.
- Outstanding proficiency within Excel and Access, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with analytical modeling, statistical analysis, optimization, and/or manipulation of large datasets.
- Familiarity with SQL or statistical packages is preferred.
- A professional demeanor.
"As a recent college graduate fascinated by transportation, I joined Carlisle to gain experience working for global clients with complex challenges. Shortly after entering the firm, I learned sophisticated analysis, modeling, and presentation skills both through the company's mentorship program and directly in project work. I find the significant level of responsibility Carlisle places in its Associates rewarding. I interact with clients on a daily basis and have the opportunity to participate in managing projects and presenting findings to high level client managers." - Matthew McCauley, Associate
Back to Consulting Descriptions